It is a common belief that babies and children should have no structural stresses and strains in their body, due to their young age, and flexibility. However, osteopaths recognize that the birth process can be very stressful and pay special attention to twists and compressions in the body’s tissue that may occur during it. A light touch is used, to match the sensitive and delicate system of a child, to diagnose the condition of the body fluids, the nervous system, and the overall well being of the child.
Unresolved birth stresses, and the body’s compensations to them, can be the root cause of many different problems like irritability, feeding difficulties, and hyper-alertness. As children grow they generally grow out of these issues but continued strain patterns may result in secondary effects.
Our practitioners are specifically educated and trained to consult, examine, and treat babies and children. Treatment is soft, gentle, and non-invasive – babies often visibly relax and fall asleep while being treated.
Osteopathy Can Help
- Reduce digestive issues like colic, spitting up, GERD, and regurgitation
- Effects from challenged births
- Decrease crying and irritability
- Reduce feeding or latching difficulties
- Address sleep problems
- Address plagiocephaly (misshapen skull)
- Reduce ear and chest infections
- Developmental and neurological concerns
- Address scoliosis and postural problems
- Reduce headaches
- Help with breathing problems such as asthma or mouth breathers
- May help with learning difficulties and behavioral issues
- Alleviate neck and back pain
- Boost immune response when concerned about repetitive illnesses
- Optimal adaptivity of vaccines