Osteopathic techniques are safe at all stages of pregnancy. Pregnancy is a natural, unique and powerful experience. Expectant mothers experience enormous changes over a relatively short period of time particularly postural and hormonal changes. It’s not uncommon for women to experience back pain, fluid retention, pelvic pain, and other discomforts during this period.
Regular osteopathic treatment during can maximize the body’s ability to adapt and ensure the growth is as comfortable as possible for the mom and the baby. It can ease some of the physical discomforts of pregnancy and prepare expectant mothers for the demands of labor as well as help with recovery after birth.
Our practitioners use gentle techniques to reduce and release muscular, fascial, visceral, and fluidic tensions, help improve the range of motion of specific joints, and ensure the growing baby has optimal space to grow. Optimal comfort of the mother and the baby is primary during treatment and is always adapted for every body.
Osteopathy can help
- Ensure optimal positioning and vitality of reproductive organs
- Provide advice on how to maintain your health throughout the pregnancy
- Prepare your body for the natural changes to happen throughout pregnancy
- Reduce aches and pains (back pain, neck and shoulder pain, upper back pain)
- Alleviate pelvic pain
- Reduce nausea and vomiting
- Reduce heartburn
- Ensure optimal breathing and digestion
- Help restore normal pelvic alignment and ensure optimal posture
- Address any ongoing back issues
- Help you regain strength and flexibility
- Help with aches and pains related to poor breast feeding posture, lifting and carrying, and repetitive motions
- Bladder or incontinence concerns
- Ensure all organs and viscera have restored their optimal positioning and vitality
- Release scar tissue from C-sections and aid in optimal recovery
Osteopathy for Babies and Children
For children, the benefits of osteopathy can be profound as they are still at the ‘moulding stage’ of development and life. Find out how we support babies and children.